There are so many wedding traditions that just don’t ring true for me. Here are some traditional things that you probably won’t be seeing on my big day.
1. garter toss (I don’t want or need to wear a garter)
2. bouquet toss (eh, doesn’t do much for me)
3. unity candle (we’re not completely decided on this one… but you probably won’t see one at my ceremony)
4. someone singing a song during the ceremony — the GTB has a cousin with a FANTASTIC voice, but we want a short-and-sweet ceremony… so a song may or may not happen
5. wedding march — I don’t need that song
5. receiving line — I like the idea of a champagne toast, but the rl? I’m not sold
6. many bridesmaids — 1 will suffice
7. DJ — we want an acoustic band — lots of Neil Diamond, Simon And Garfunkel, Jack Johnson, etc. Maybe my dad could even pick up his bass and play a few songs
8. $2,000+ worth of flowers — I plan to eek in under $500
9. traditional veil — I may wear a Russian netting blusher that lands above my lips. I will not be wearing a traditional LONG veil, or even one that reaches my shoulders
10. ceremony in a church — we’re planning a 10 minute ceremony, It doesn’t make sense to us to make everyone park there, file in, grab a seat, watch us, file out, drive across town, etc. etc. We’re doing it all in 1 place
If I can’t keeep my mouth shut, I can expect feedback… and I know some of it’ll be negative. Oh well.