Event and party planning trends seem to follow and sometimes lead wedding trends pretty closely. Chandaliers were a huge hit in 2009 and 2010 – they were seen in tons of wedding invites, as well as decor – and that trend can be seen now on Evite, party invites, inspiration boards and photo shoots.
But what’s going to be big in 2011?
My predictions are:
1. Western, circus and fair-themed invites – like those fabulous Hatch Show Print posters and invitations, or invites that look like they were printed ages ago and harken a simpler, rustic time (with some cheeky copy thrown in for good measure).
2. Bright and classic – not your typical wedding invitation, these beauties from Papeterie Store shine with simple text and layout and a whimsical, yet classic color combo and design.
3. Texture and pattern – ikat, rich lace patterns, lattice, architectural-styled prints and chevron patterns will be popular. The simplicity will be balanced by bright colors and embellishments like rounded corners, ribbon or belly bands – check out these fab Tallulah invites from smock.
4. Calligraphy with a twist – calligraphy will always be en vogue for weddings, but in 2011, we’ll see more of the custom-but-not-fully custom invitation sets – like these lovely string calligraphy invites from Bella Figura. Love! The classic brown, black, or deep red ink on these really make an impact.
5. Skylines – many couples are sharing their love for the city in which they live or just city life in general by including a custom skyline of that city on their invites – like these simple-cool Skyline save the dates by Stelie Designs. It’s cosmopolitan meets whimsical! It’d also work fabulously for a sweet soiree!
6. Kraft paper simplicity – something about that crafty kraft paper makes it so cool. Add bakers twine, ribbon, buttons or a fabulous mix of fonts like these Miss Prints Design invites, and voila! A stylish invite has been created.
What’s your favorite invitation style?